FAQ : Installation
The installation process asks me for information (Database login, Database password, Website Name, Website URL, Database server, Base, Prefix). What does this information mean?
- Website name: name of the site. It will be displayed in the "Site Selection" pull-down menu. Example: mysite.
Back to FAQ
- Website URL (with a final '/'): site url. Example: http://www.phpmyvisites.net/ for phpmyvisites.net.
- Database login: your Web hosting provider will give you this info. Another name for it: user. If the server is your PC, try the "root" login name.
- Database password: the same.
- Database server: address of the MySQL server. It may be a name or an IP address. Your Web hosting provider gives you this information. If the server is your PC, set this parameter to "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" or to your PC IP address.
- Database name: name of the database that is provided by your Web hosting provider. Sometimes it has the same value as your "Login name".
- Table prefix: the first characters of the name of all the tables that phpMyVisites creates and uses. In most cases, it is best to use the default value.